Friday, February 8, 2013

Hellhounds


Okay, so in my quest for cheap pre-painted proxy figures for Descent: Journeys in the Dark, I needed to find some hellhound models. I ended up with figures called 'yeth hounds' or something, off ebay, as pre-painted DnD figures. Once again, when they arrived, I found their paint job wasn't that great. In fact, it seems that ebay sellers simply put Wizards of the Coast advertisement photos of minis to show what I'm buying, rather than photos of the model I will get. Anyhow, I painted over the top of them.

Here's a brown 'regular' hellhound, and a red 'master' hellhound. I drybrushed some of the red onto the base of the master to try and make it look like he is softly glowing or something.

Originally they were just flat painted, but after a wash and drybrush, I love how you can see all the muscles, etc, of the figures now.

1 comment: