Monday, February 11, 2013

Finished Red Master Monster Collection for Descent!


Here's my collection of painted proxy Master figures. As mentioned earlier, I got the game and expansions for Descent: Journeys in the Dark 1st edition, at auction, without the miniatures, so I've been collecting and painting up proxy figures to play the game. I've finished the red Master Monsters at last! Now I've just got to do the regular versions of the monsters.

I tried to give them a kind of glowy, vibrant, fluro kind of redness about them, sort of like rare/boss/magical monsters in games like Diablo 2, Titan Quest, etc.

6 comments:

  1. Good work getting them all done! I like the lighting effects you've done on your magic sorcerer guys!
    They do all look a little bright red, but I'm sure they'll look fine when on a board with the other characters etc. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look really good. Do the spiders not have bases because they can stand up fine unaided?

    Would you care to have a look at my own miniature painting? Nathan's Fiction Sphere

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I'm always happy to look at a minis blog :)
      I did't put bases on the spiders because they stand fine on their own, but also because they didn't come with any bases and I didn't have any that size to put them on, so they might get bases at some stage later on.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for having a look on my blog. I'm going to be buying some bases soon. Well, maybe not this month, considering my finances, but soon enough. Need them to mount the models

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I finished basing all of the regular monster figures, put all the monsters out on the table, and it just didn't feel right having boring unpainted miniatures next to the painted ones, so I decided I'm going to paint up all the "regular monsters" too :)

      Delete