Saturday, December 31, 2011

painted citadel battlemat

I've got two of the fake-grass citadel battlemats, and getting tired of a blank expanse of green (especially after browsing photos of people's flocked and painted boards) I decided to experiment today! I brushed paint lightly onto a mat, to create european style fields. Mostly it was for my 15mm historical minis, but it should be fine for LOTR as well.



Here's some pics with LOTR figures on it.


For more pictures, and what I did, see my 15mm historicals blog, at this address: http://pauls15mm.blogspot.com/2011/12/painting-citadel-grass-battlemat-into.html

5 comments:

  1. Paul, I know you and your brother have been doing other stuff but another lotr update would be cool. It doesn't appear as though you have played it in a while.I just really enjoy reading you and your brothers lotr battle reports.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for checking out our blogs. We aren't really playing any games of any sort together right now, as he is pretty busy with his baby at the moment. However, once the baby gets a bit older, we'll be doing some more games again, including LOTR. At the moment I'm mostly focusing on some of the other games I play, and on making new scenery pieces, etc. But LOTR will return :)

      Delete
  2. Keep up the good work lad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paul, very impressive!

    Did you attached your matt to a board please or do you fold it up? I was hoping to paint/spray my matt in desert colours but wanted to fold it up after gaming and was wondering if this would be problematic.

    Cheers

    Ralph

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I roll mine up, or fold it just a couple times but softly / loosely. You'd want to spray it lightly, not thickly, so it doesn't go all hard surfaced, I think if it was too thick, it might crack, or come off, or something. There are foam mats out there I think, that have desert colours on them already, so it might be worth looking into something like that before painting a green citadel matt in desert colours.

      Delete